Friday, June 23, 2006

Bad Blogger Attempts to Redeem Self With Photographic Offerings

I know, it's been over a week! I'm as shocked and dismayed by my lack of commitment and self-discipline as you are, believe me! Probably more so with my Virgo rising.

It's been a crazy couple of weeks since the kids got out of school, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't love having them home. Yes, I know, most mommies can't wait for summer vacation to end because their kids get bored and they don't know what to do with them or something. I can't say I really understand it. I don't know why my kids don't get bored, all I know is I love summer vacation. I love not having to get them up in the morning, I love not having to make sure they do their homework, I love letting them stay up late reading and playing video games, I love camping in the backyard.

I was going to post yesterday, but I ended up playing with a bunch of pictures instead! The upside of that is I have a nice bunch ready to upload. Unfortunately, I'm not sure how many blogger can comfortably publish at one time, so here are just a few to get you started.

If I were a good blogger I'd look up the genus and the species of this toad for you, but I'm not. Thus, I leave it to you, my sleuthy, google-happy friends, to educate me. If you feel like it, or whatever.

This shot of Yo & PJ is one of Ebo's from our most recent camping trip. I love this picture!

I call this one "Stowaway." It's another job for our trusty internet sleuths! Whoever names this one by genus and species gets a free box of Giradellis!
Origins: Found while unpacking a suitcase several days after we returned from camping. She was pretty shriveled up inside her shell when I found her, so I tossed her into a nearby glass of water. I was absolutely delighted when she started to climb up the side of the glass!

Status: Rescued and successfully relocated to the rock garden. Lucky for her I don't have any ducks or geese!

Favorite Sons: This photo came about because of the other photo posted earlier of the boys when they were younger. PJ saw it and decided I needed to take a new picture "in front of the refrigerator." I love the gleeful expressions on those faces!


Father's Day 2006: The aftermath

I hope you enjoy these, more coming soon!

2 Comments:

Blogger Alwen said...

It's summer, we are being very lazy, too. Hey, it just occurred to me how often gay guys have featured in my life. Horticulture major, yes, a lot of gay hort. majors. Now living near an artist colony / gay friendly town. Finally learned to knit, and what do I find but gay guys who knit. Annny way, I thought you'd like the pictures over at Franklin's blog,
http://the-panopticon.blogspot.com/

6/28/2006 9:51 PM  
Blogger Gr8lakesgrrl said...

Oh, thank you for that! He's hilarious! And that post about his parents, wow, very touching!

7/11/2006 8:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

      
Marriage is love.