Monday, August 14, 2006

Show Granny Some Love

Wow, I'm not even sure how to start this, Tertia is always so incredibly gracious about these things.

Christina puts this particular cause into words much better then I am able to, maybe I'll just cheat a little today and let her tell you!

Because She's a Mom Too
Please go donate to help out Granny.

Why do I care about helping her out?

1. She has lung cancer and doesn't smoke. WTF. That just ticks me off. Not that anyone deserves lung cancer, but dude, if you don't smoke -- she's a body builder -- that just shouldn't happen. Period.

2. I know what it's like to have to undergo a major medical procedure without health insurance. For those of you who have health insurance -- yes, I am talking with YOU so hear me out -- you don't realize how lucky you are. So share some of the money you're not paying and help out somebody who is about to amass $60,000 per month in bills.

3. Think of somebody in your life who has done a bunch of little things for you that don't add up to much -- maybe bringing you a box of Kleenex when you're sick or e-mailing you a picture you didn't expect or remembering your favorite drink. It's the little things that make all the difference, right? Well the same thing is true here! Even a little bit will help!

If these three reasons aren't reason enough for you to go do it, then make up your own! And blog about it! And link to it!!

Go do it!!!
I know, it's shocking the way I just come write out and ask you to give money to some stranger on the internet, but that's just the kind of girl I am, I thought you knew that? Oh, we haven't had that discussion yet? Okay, well, um, we'll get back to that one later.

You see, the thing is, Vibrating Liz, aka Granny Vibe is going through a very tough time medically right now, and she has no insurance. I'm putting in a plug for her because she has greatly inspired me. (Did you catch the selfish undertone there? See, this isn't really about her, it's the fact that she inspires me and that I, selfishly, want her to stick around for many years to continue in this manner.) So, I don't want anyone to feel feel bad if you can't, I'm just putting the word out for those who can.

So go visit Granny, find out how wonderful she is with her feminist wiles, her chiseled 50-something body-builders physique, her handsome Painter, her beautiful flowers and her take no prisoners stance on that ugly bastard racism.

Then? When you're done there? Go visit her incredibly wonderful son Finnegan so you can see what happens when feminists get their hands on impressionable young minds. He posts about this here. If you are in a hurry and you already know exactly how wonderful Liz is, thank you very much, here's a quick link to the paypal fund.

Today's very special post was brought to you by our guest sponsor Finnegan's Wake-up Call and our very special guest sponsor, Christina, Downloaded

And really? It's all Alice's fault for putting Granny Gets A Vibrator in her blogroll. So go blame Alice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

      
Marriage is love.