Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Not dead yet

I have about a dozen posts running around in my head right now so if my internet connection will cooperate (crosses fingers) I should be able to crank out a couple to make up for the last two weeks.

Let's see, for starters the last two weeks have been nuts and not in the good lottery-winning, prize-patrol-visiting kind of way, more in the crazy making, what the hell was I thinking kind of way.

Photo evidence is dead. Sad to say my digital camera is having issues. So far it is not responding to psycho-therapy. I suppose it's possible that the lithium battery is just worn out but I haven't been able to find one that fits. It doesn't help that it's a Minolta, which is no longer in business and is now wholly owned by Sony or somebody. This sucks because I keep finding wonderful things to take pictures of and share with you, giant black furry caterpillars, giant bales of hay and a green-haired Ebo, just to name a few. (Re: the latter, Dudes! Manic Panic ROCKS! Ebo's green hair is effing gorgeous! Did I mention that I'm trying to curb the cursing lately? Yah, turns out my sailor mouth is contagious, oops! Sorry Mrs. Social Studies teacher! That's another story for a day with a more reliable internet connection, ahem.)

Let's see, what else, over at Le Toast de Suzette she's done started a movement, may even be a craze from what I hear. I can't believe they invoked the Haiku Gods though. It's kind of dangerous for me to get started on those, I have a hard time stopping, but at least I can contribute to the cause. I apologize in advance to BoBBert, because honestly? Some of these might suck.

Tagged for poetry
I might deliver haiku
and some of it sucks

Once I get started
It's impossible to stop
I just keep going

They flow from my mouth
or my pen with equal ease
Ms. Dove would be proud

But this one's for fall
her tattered glamour intact
Summer dies with grace

If frost comes early
he will hasten her demise
she burns brighter still

Not to be outdone
he paints the windows sparkly
Crackle go the leaves

My writing suffers
when TG is visiting
she invades my space

right now for instance
she requires my assistance
recipes must wait

My apologies
to Christina and others
I will be back soon

Can't stay away long
since this is my therapy
I can't deny it.

Thank you for being here.

Love and hugs,

Beth

6 Comments:

Blogger Toastedsuzy said...

You are the haiku champeen! And you get bonus points for making the Arlo Guthrie connections, plus a triple word score for resisting the temptation to make a pickle motorcickle rhyme in one of your haiku.

But mostly this is what makes you the champeen:

her tattered glamour intact
Summer dies with grace

Beautiul!

TS

9/27/2006 11:29 AM  
Blogger Alwen said...

Here is my morning haiku, blatantly stolen from members of the Knitty.com forum:

coffee coffee milk
coffee coffee sugar milk
coffee coffee milk

>:)

9/27/2006 12:20 PM  
Blogger Christina said...

Gotta agree with TS. I love this:

But this one's for fall
her tattered glamour intact
Summer dies with grace

There must be a poetry thing in the air or something. Seems like every blog I read has one posted in the last few days.

Also, I heard the poet laureate on public radio earlier this summer. Fabulous interview. He was pretty funny (ironic, not ha-ha) and admitted that it only takes a moment or so to write a poem so poets spend the rest of the day watching clouds.

Ah, to be a poet.

9/28/2006 8:17 PM  
Blogger Gr8lakesgrrl said...

Aww, thanks you guys!

TS, Awesome! I was hoping that was an Arlo reference! Also, I didn't even think about the pickle, I was trying to work in the implements of destruction and the seein' eye dawg. So I didn't exactly resist the temptation, I just couldn't come up with anything clever.

Inspired by Alwen:
Hazelnut Creamer
my guilty pleasure revealed
I can't drink it black

CS: I think I heard that interview too! Wouldn't that be the life?

Well, you have all encouraged me so maybe I'll edit some oldies and post them too.

9/29/2006 11:00 AM  
Blogger belledame222 said...

heh.

and don't you hate that? i have the beginnings of or half-written middles of at least a dozen posts; it's like it's too overwhelming to get it all out. and, sure, time; but it seems like while i'm sitting on the subway, it's writing itself fluidly in my head, but i could -never- get it out that fast on paper, and it just doesn't translate...

10/13/2006 1:42 PM  
Blogger Toastedsuzy said...

Beth,
Just stopping by to say I'm still stopping by.

And re-reading your haiku!

TS

10/19/2006 7:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

      
Marriage is love.