Tuesday, October 24, 2006

No need to worry about anonymity...

My given name is Elizabeth Miller. Back in the days when I had insurance through Giant HMO Inc., they always had a hell of a time finding my records asking first for my name, middle initial and zip code before they finally got down to sorting by the birthday field, so I already new there were well over 1000 people in this country with my name. But it's much better then that, you see, as long as I keep quiet about my zip code, my privacy is practically guaranteed! Mwa, ha, ha, ha, ha!


HowManyOfMe.com
LogoThere are:
5,959
people with my name
in the U.S.A.

How many have your name?



Hat tip: Alpha Bitch What's in a name?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks! That's a cool site. I posted mine on my blog. :o)

10/24/2006 5:28 PM  
Blogger alphabitch said...

That's one thing I always liked/hated. When I was growing up, if you called anyone in the phone book with my last name, they knew who I was and could find me pretty easily. When my sister got married and took her husband's last name I was baffled. Not because I had some lofty ideals about keeping one's own birth name, I just think it happens to be a cool name, unsual without being hard to spell or too weird, and why the hell would she want to trade it in for a name like Peterson? "No one will ever be able to find you!" I said. "Precisely," she answered.

10/27/2006 1:05 PM  
Blogger Christina said...

You know, I tried this when alphabitch put this up and put in my sister's name. It says NO ONE in the US has her name. I don't think it's all that weird or uncommon. And her last name, Wuller, it says, doesn't exist. WHAT? I know at least one family full of Wullers. I don't know...

10/31/2006 8:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

      
Marriage is love.